The Counseling Center
The Counseling Center at JCS in Providence offers hope and help to anyone facing life challenges. We provide counseling for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. If you are struggling with emotional issues, the Counseling Center can provide support and guidance to help you achieve your goals.
Your Source for Private, Professional Counseling
The JCS Counseling Center provides confidential, high-quality counseling services for clients of all ages and backgrounds. If you need help, call us at (401) 331-1244.
All of our counselors are licensed, master’s-level clinicians with years of training and experience. Respected in the field, they serve as mentors for other professionals. Their expertise includes:
- Individual therapy for clients of all counseling needs and all ages, including older adults.
- Child, adolescent, and family therapy to help children achieve greater emotional health and to address parenting concerns.
“My son had an accident last year and became terribly anxious. I didn’t know where to turn to get help.… Now he is so much better. I’m truly not sure what would have happened if we didn’t have someone help us at that crucial time.”
Whatever You’re Facing, We’re There to Help
With deep experience in their fields, our counselors help clients with a wide variety of needs, including:
- Mood/behavioral disorders
- Aging and caregiving issues
- Stress management
- Women’s health issues
- Counseling for the homebound
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Grief and loss
- School- or work-related problems
- Affective disorders
- Life transition issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Parenting or family issues.
- Panic attacks
- Anger management
In addition to counseling, JCS offers:
- Medication management for adults. For seniors and other adults receiving counseling services, our nurse practitioners help manage medication regimens.
- Help finding services. For those with complex social, emotional, medical and/or financial needs, JCS offers case management to help navigate the various agencies and services that provide assistance.
A Note on EMDR and Trauma
Our counselors include certified EMDR specialists who help clients dealing with trauma. EMDR—or eye movement desensitization and reprocessing—is an evidence-based method of treating PTSD and trauma-related symptoms among those who have experienced childhood abuse, military trauma, sexual assault, accidents or other traumas.
EMDR has been recommended by the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the World Health Organization.
Professional Support Is in Reach
The JCS Counseling Center accepts all major insurance carriers, including Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Neighborhood Health, Tri-Care, and United Health, as well as Medicaid and Medicare. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
For those without insurance, adjusted fees are available for counseling, psychiatric assessment and medication management for adults. Call (401) 331-1244 to learn more.