Geriatric Care Management
Caring for an aging loved one can be a huge source of stress, especially for those who live at a distance or who are balancing work, childcare or other responsibilities. The Geriatric Care Management program at Jewish Collaborative Services is here to help.
Is This Program Right for You?
If you have a parent or other loved one who needs housing, health, memory or other care relating to aging, you know that navigating available service options requires both time and expertise. Our Geriatric Care Management program can provide invaluable guidance if:
- Your aging loved one has limited local family support.
- You have just taken on caregiving responsibilities and need help finding and accessing available services.
- You are feeling “burned out” or overwhelmed in dealing with your loved one’s chronic care needs.
- Your aging loved one has multiple physical or mental health issues, or is unable to live safely in his or her current environment.
- You and other family members are not in agreement about care decisions.
- Your aging loved one is not happy with current care providers and needs advocacy.
- You need information and direction in dealing with behaviors associated with dementia.
Comprehensive Services to Guide Senior Care
The Geriatric Care Management program provides a combination of, assessment, resources and referrals to help seniors and their families manage the challenges of aging. Led by our certified Geriatric Care Manager, the program includes the following services:
- Comprehensive home-based assessments to determine needs, including functional and safety concerns.
- An individualized Plan of Care, with recommendations and resources.
- Care coordination and monitoring.
- Family support.
- Scheduled check-ins on a weekly or monthly basis.
In addition to direct support, Geriatric Care Management offers resources and referrals tailored to individual needs, including:
- Housing and transportation options
- Home health information
- Mental health and Alzheimer’s resources
- Legal referrals for elder law issues
- Community resource referrals